With gel nails, you can pretty much change up the shape and length anytime you want. Go from square to round, to almond, and back again. A nail junkie needs these kinds of options!
You can do whatever you want with gels! Be as outrageous with the length, color, size, shapes, finishes, and even accessories. There's no limit to what you can create with them.
Yes, gels are artificial, but when applied correctly, no one can tell. The nails are super customisable, and when filed down to the right width and thickness, it's hard to spot where the natural nail ends and where the gel begins.
When your client wants all their nails to look the same, but some just grow totally different than others, gels help create gorgeous consistency. No one is the wiser to the differences anymore, including your client!
This gel manual also includes how to safely apply, maintain and remove the nail extensions so there is no need for expensive follow-on courses.
Once that gel is cured, your client’s talons are a force to be reckoned with...so, if you’re looking for a treatment that will provide your clients with strong nails, look no further!
This Gel Nail Extensions Training Manual will provide you with all the practical and theory knowledge you require to ensure you have the very best understanding when entering the world of Nail Technology. Gel nails are a very popular service so you can quickly start earning money!
CHAPTER 1 Nail Extension Techniques: An Introduction
- Temporary Extensions
- Permanent' Extensions
- The Three Main Systems In Use
CHAPTER 2 Anatomy And Physiology In Relation To Nail Treatments
- Anatomy Of The Skin
- The Nail Unit
- The Function Of The Nail
- The Structure Of The Nail
- The Process Of Nail Growth
CHAPTER 3 Preparing The Work Area
- Using nail products safely
- Absorption, ingestion and inhalation
- Sterilisation, disinfection and sanitisation
CHAPTER 4 Preparing You & Your Client
- Allergies and overexposure
- Treatable conditions and untreatable conditions
- The professional technician and communication
- Client consultation
- Advance booking
- Preparing the nail plate
- Client preparation
CHAPTER 5 Essential Chemistry Of Artificial Nails
- The chemistry of nail products
- UV gel, oligomers and polymerisation
- UV gel and oxygen
- Viscosities of gels
- ‘American’ and ‘European’ gel
- Chemical reaction in nail systems
CHAPTER 6 Applying Tips To The Nails
- Choosing the correct tip
- Full contact area vs reduced contact area
- Cutting techniques
- Applying the tip
- Blending the tip
- Problem nail shapes & how to correct them
- Alternative tips
CHAPTER 7 The UV Gel System
- The structure of the overlay
- About UV Gels
- Application to nails
- Structuring method with thicker gels
- Problem Nail Shapes
- Practice makes perfect
- Aftercare advice
CHAPTER 8 Maintaining Artificial Nails
- Maintenance treatments
- Nail diseases and disorders
- The removal of artificial nails